Deploy Docker Swarm on Microsoft Azure Container Service (PREVIEW)
During this course, we'll explore the Microsoft Azure Container Service (ACS), which was first released in April 2016. ACS enables the simplified deployment of infrastructure services on Microsoft Azure, which are pre-configured to run a Docker Swarm cluster or Apache Mesos. Docker Swarm is the native Docker clustering solution that enables high availability at massive scale.
In this course, we'll deploy Docker Swarm on ACS, using a couple of different methods, and then look at how to connect to the cluster and start deploying lightweight application containers using Docker.
What You'll Learn
- Overview of the Microsoft Azure Container Service (ACS) offering
- Deployment of Docker Swarm on ACS using Windows PowerShell automation
- Deployment of Docker Swarm on ACS using the Microsoft Azure Portal UI
- Remotely connecting to the Docker Swarm cluster on Azure
- Interaction with the Docker Swarm API using the Docker command line